HackEDU has launched an integration with WhiteHat Security which allows your organization to automatically use the vulnerabilities found in your security scans to build dynamic training plans for your developers.
Follow the steps below to setup your integration.
You must be both a HackEDU and WhiteHat Security customer.
Generate a WhiteHat Security API Key
Login to WhiteHat Sentinel
Click My Profile and then the API tab
3. Enter your password and click Authenticate. This will reveal your API Key.
Please note: We suggest setting up a user specifically for this integration since each account can only have one API key associated with it.
Setup Integration in HackEDU Admin Dashboard.
Login to HackEDU with an Admin account, and go to your Admin Dashboard.
Click Settings > Data Integrations in the left menu
Click Add Integration
4. Select WhiteHat from our list of Integrations
5. Chose whether to apply these vulnerabilities to your entire organization or just to specific teams.
Note: You can click the link on this page to see what data we have access to and what we save by continuing with the integration. You can read about HackEDU's security and data policies here.
6. Enter your WhiteHat API Key, and click Continue.
7. If you have multiple assets in Sentinel, you will be prompted to select which you would like to apply to the integration.
8. Confirm the details of your integration and click Finish.
9. Your integration will automatically begin to sync, and will re-sync once a day. You can click on the integration to see the data we've synced, and to open the original report details.
Setting up adaptive training plans
Now that you have vulnerability data available, you must setup an Adaptive Training Plan to use take advantage of it for your training.