HackEDU has launched an integration with JIRA which allows your organization to automatically scans your team's tickets for mentions of vulnerabilities to help build dynamic training plans for your developers.
This integration may be useful if you already have processes in place to triage vulnerabilities and enter them as tickets for developers to address.
Follow the steps below to setup your integration.
You must be both a HackEDU and JIRA customer.
Generate a JIRA API Key
- Login to JIRA
- Go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens
- Click Create API Token, and generate a key for this HackEDU integration
Setup Integration in HackEDU Admin Dashboard.
- Login to HackEDU with an Admin account, and go to your Admin Dashboard.
- Click Settings > Data Integrations in the left menu
- Click Add Integration
4. Select JIRA from our list of Integrations
5. Chose whether to apply these vulnerabilities to your entire organization or just to specific teams.
Note: You can click the link on this page to see what data we have access to and what we save by continuing with the integration. You can read about HackEDU's security and data policies here.
6. Enter your JIRA URL (something like
https://hackedu.atlassian.net), Email address, and API Token, and click Continue.
7. If you have multiple JIRA programs, you will be prompted to select which you would like to apply to the integration.
8. Confirm the details of your integration and click Finish.
9. Your integration will automatically begin to sync, and will re-sync once a day. You can click on the integration to see the data we've synced, and to open the original JRIA tickets.
Setting up adaptive training plans
Now that you have vulnerability data available, you must setup an Adaptive Training Plan to use take advantage of it for your training.